Adding antiques to Christmas decor creates such a charming and unique home for the holidays. Here are 28 easy antique Christmas decorating ideas you can incorporate in your home!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
How to Decorate for an Old Fashioned Christmas
Using antique Christmas decorating ideas to recreate an old fashioned Christmas is such a fun way to bring nostalgia into your home.
Growing up, my mom always created the most magical Christmases. This year, I gave a tour of her home, plus 60+ ways to create an old fashioned Christmas for your family.
Head to see her home tour, with loads of beautiful antiques, decorated for Christmas!
What Are Old Fashioned Christmas Colors?
Traditional Christmas colors are the classics: red and green.
There is a reason we associate red and green with Christmas year after year. It’s the classic Christmas combo. We see it in plaids, ornaments, winter greens and more.
Additionally, the traditional metals like silver and gold have been staples Christmas colors for centuries.
Blue and white are also classic accent colors you’ll find in many antique Christmas decorating ideas. These are easy to incorporate with bows, snowy elements and artwork.
How Do You Display Antique Christmas Ornaments?
Antique Christmas ornaments are becoming harder to find. As these fragile pieces get shuffled from one place to another, inevitably they can break.
However, if you are blessed enough to have a collection, here are a few ways to display them.
- One antique-only Christmas tree. Group all your antique ornaments onto one beautiful tree.
- Nestled in a bowl. Gently place them in a bowl and display on your coffee table or buffet.
- Hanging from ribbon, lining a window. Hang them at varying heights for interest.
- Create your own antique ornament mistletoe.
- Attach as embellishments to presents for an extra special add-on gift.
15+ Antique Christmas Decorating Ideas
Beyond the tree and color scheme, here are 15 simple antique Christmas decorating ideas you can easily incorporate into your holiday home.
- Use antique marmalade jars as bottle brush tree bases.
2. Antique copper vessels are perfect to add a warm glow to a fun and whimsical ornament display.
3. Create an antique-only Christmas tree with antique ornaments.
4. Display vintage artwork with winter scenes.
5. Dress up antique transferware collections with winter greenery.
6. Set antique photographs out with rare Christmas captures to peruse.
7. Scatter vintage Christmas tchotchkes in with newer items to add charm.
8. Create mini vintage Christmas trees atop antique furniture.
9. Arrange antique handkerchiefs in windows or on drawer fronts.
10. Set up a vintage nativity or village under the tree.
11. Hang vintage stockings with care.
12. Use antique vessels to hold a collection of pine cones or ornaments.
13. Mix in greenery with antique collections or architectural pieces.
14. Use simple bottle brush trees to dress up a bedroom for Christmas.
If you missed this project, see how my mom and I hand built over 70 frames to create this antique gallery wall.
15. Assemble a vintage tinsel tree for added festivity.
More Christmas Decorating Ideas
I hope you enjoyed browsing through these simple antique Christmas decorating ideas!
If you’re looking for more inspiration, peruse my archive of Christmas decorating posts across design styles.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.