Ok, let’s get real with each other for a minute. How many of you have NO IDEA what to get the men in your life? Christmas is coming up and I struggle every. single. year. to buy my husband a gift he will love. I know I can’t be the only woman out there that never knows which tools he already owns, has already bought him 30 of his favorite team’s shirts, doesn’t want to do yet another generic gift card to some sporting goods store…yada yada yada. Every year I wrack my brain to come up with something he will love and end up with nada.
So this year, I thought I would ask him if he wants a nice watch. Sounds reasonable right? I mean, he has to go to all these swanky work events and a manly accessory never hurt anyone. But his response was effectively, “nope”. UNTIL I showed him a picture of a JORD Wood Watch. Then his response was an interested, “oooooooo”. Yes, that is all I got. But that is a lot coming from my man. 😉
(Hey….hint hint. If you are the least bit interested in one of these beauties for yourself then keep on a-scrollin’ for a little giveaway action!!)
So this all happened about a month ago. And recently JORD Wood Watches contacted me and asked if I’d like to give their product an honest review. Ummm, heck yes! And that very lengthy intro has brought us to my purpose today. If you have never heard of JORD check out their website for a slew of beautifully crafted unique watches made of wood! Yes, you read that right my friends. Wood.
Here are some highlights of my review of the new Dover series Zebrawood & Dark Sandalwood JORD watch my husband has been blessed with. Christmas came early this year my friends!
- It’s so pretty! I mean….MANLY. But seriously, the craftsmanship is outstanding. The rich wood tones are beautifully contrasted with the intricate mechanics that show through the watch face.
- It’s really durable. I know this because I dropped it three times in the process of trying to photograph it. (Insert eye roll emoji.)
- It’s so unique. This is not your average men’s watch. It is a seriously cool watch that my husband is actually excited to wear. And that’s sayin’ something.
- It is versatile. I know my husband will wear this for work daily but it can so easily be dressed down for everyday wear as well.
The only con of the watch is that it came too big, and that’s really no fault of the company. JORD gives you this nifty measuring tool so they can size the watch for you ahead of time. We used it, but decided to go up a smidgen in size so it wouldn’t be too tight. Well folks, we should have followed the guide because they obviously knew what they were talking about. So we will simply have to take it to a jeweler to have it sized again. No biggie. Moral of the story, follow the measuring instructions.
So there you have it. If you are looking for a unique gift that will make your husband, dad, brother, son, or any man, stand out in a crowd, check out all the different options JORD offers. And, if you want one for yourself, make sure to peruse the women’s watches they have. I may or may not secretly be coveting my husband’s new watch. 😉
And guess what!!? I’m really excited about this. JORD is giving my readers the chance to win a giveaway of $75 towards one of your own Wood Watches. (And even if you don’t win, you still get $20 off just for participating!) So if you’d LOVE to have one of these beauties, follow a few simple steps to enter.
- Follow me on Instagram. (This isn’t required for the giveaway but I’d love for you to join me in Insta-land!)
- Complete the giveaway submission form to receive your $20 off code and be entered to win the grand prize of $75 off.
The contest will close 11/20/16 at 11:59pm. Both the $75 and the $20 codes will expire on 2/28/2017. Our grand prize winner will be notified directly via email by JORD.
Be blessed friends! And if you decide to buy one for yourself send me a shot of it and let me know!
This post was sponsored by JORD Wood Watches. All opinions are my own.