Healthy comfort food at it’s best! This chicken tortellini with pumpkin alfredo sauce takes 10 minutes to put together and is flavorful and robust. I hope you enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links where I earn a small commission on your purchases.
Seasonal Simplicity Fall Recipes
Joining me today are over 25 bloggers, hosted by Krista from The Happy Housie, each sharing their own fall recipe for you to enjoy! There are so many amazing ideas for you to enjoy this fall! So, make sure to check out their recipes through the links at the bottom of this article!
Chicken Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
One of my favorite parts of fall is comfort food. Cozy days, chilly nights, the glow of a candle. It all pairs so well with comfort food. 😉 However, I often get stuck in a rut when it comes to quick dinner ideas during the busiest season of the year.
So, this year I decided to try my hand at a few healthy comfort food recipes. Is that a thing? I think it can be. While this chicken tortellini isn’t as healthy as eating raw carrots, it is on the healthier end of traditional comfort foods.
The best part about it is that it literally only takes 10 minutes.
Did you hear me?
Shop My Kitchen Decor
Quick Dinner Ideas for the Win
My secret to creating delicious meals that don’t require hours of work is choosing already proven products as the base, and then making it my own with some special ingredients. My base for this recipe is a delicious chicken tortellini.
If you watched the process of me making this chicken tortellini recipe for the first time on Instagram stories, then you know that I don’t pull any punches when it comes to recipes. I like quick. I like no chopping. And I like flavor.
Thankfully, this recipe offers all three! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Tortellini Sauce Recipe
For the full recipe, keep reading! Here are a few quick tips. I LOVE flexibility in my recipes so feel free to change it up!
- Shaved parmesan is my favorite! Can substitute for shredded or grated.
- I used packaged real bacon bits to keep this recipe under 10 minutes! You can fry up and crumble fresh bacon as well. (Or it can be omitted.)
- Feel free to cook your mushrooms along with your garlic, or add them along with the other sauce ingredients! Adding them later, like I did, gives them a different texture but both methods are tasty.
If you’re looking for some other delicious and easy recipes, make sure to check out my arsenal of recipes! I don’t cook or bake anything that takes more than 30 minutes to prep and typically under an hour to cook! I hope you enjoy these simple recipes!
Chicken Tortellini Recipe
- 1 20oz. Package Buitoni Herb Chicken Tortellini
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 c. Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 c. Pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Shaved Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Sage
- 4-6oz. Shiitake Mushrooms, chopped
- 3 c. Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 c. Crumbled Bacon
- 1/2 c. Walnuts
- Boil tortellini according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, assemble the pumpkin alfredo sauce.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet and cook garlic 2-3 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, pumpkin, salt & pepper, sage and 1/2 c. parmesan. Whisk over low heat 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and fresh spinach. Stir 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta fully and return to pot.
- Add in pumpkin alfredo sauce.
- Add walnuts and bacon. Stir until pasta is coated evenly.
- Top with 1/2 c. parmesan.
- Serve hot.
Recipe can be served with or without bacon and walnuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 c.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550
I hope you enjoy this easy pasta recipe! Also, make sure to browse the blog if you’re looking for fall decorating ideas.
Next, enjoy over 25 fall recipes to add to your menu from my talented friends!
Today I’m joined by a talented group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Fall Recipe ideas with you!
Just click on the links below the images to be taken to see their full post…
Instant Pot Split Pea & Ham Soup at The Happy Housie
Chicken Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo at Grace In My Space
Tomato and Goat Cheese Dip at My Sweet Savannah
French Onion Soup in a Breadbowl at My UnCommon Slice of Suburbia
Chicken Lasagna Soup at The Handmade Home
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole at The Turquoise Home
Butternut Squash & Sundried Tomato Frittata at Cassie Bustamante
Pumpkin Spice Granola at Craftberry Bush
Saskatoon Berry Muffins at Love Create Celebrate
Quick Sugar Free Applesauce at Aratari at Home
Mason Jar Pumpkin Pies at Modern Glam
Easy Pumpkin Dip at She Gave it a Go
Fall Brioche at Inspiration for Moms
Baked Apple Cider Donuts at Paint Me Pink
Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce at Cherished Bliss
Pumpkin Spice Granola at Zevy Joy
Plum Frangipane Dessert at Satori Design for Living
Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese Ball at Tatertots and Jello
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles at The DIY Mommy
Apple Cannon Balls at In My Own Style
5 Minute Flaky Pie Crust at Jenna Kate at Home
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies at A Pretty Life
Yummy S’Mores Cheese Ball at This is Our Bliss
Pecan Madeleines at Life is a Party