Discover the unexpected benefits of incorporating coffee table books into your interior design! Coffee table books not only add character and style to your living space, but they also reflect your interests and personality.
Learn how to curate a collection of books that not only look great, but also enhance your overall design aesthetic. In addition, I’m sharing my top 25 best interior design coffee table books for all my fellow interior design fanatics!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
Beyond Just Decoration: Transform Your Interior Design
Coffee table books are not just pretty objects to fill an empty space. They can add character and depth to your living space, representing your personality and interest.
Coffee table books are a staple in interior design, and for a good reason. They help transform an empty and plain living room into a well-curated and personalized space.
But how do you choose the right coffee table books to achieve this? Here are some tips to guide your selection process.
How to Choose the Right Coffee Table Books
When it comes to choosing the right coffee table books for your space, it’s important to consider the overall theme and style of your interior design.
If you have a minimalist aesthetic, a book with bold and colorful photos can add a pop of visual interest. On the other hand, if your space is more eclectic and bohemian, a book on art or travel may fit right in.
SHOP THE LOOK
Another factor to consider is the size and shape of the book. Oversized books can make a statement and work well in larger spaces, but may overwhelm a smaller table. If you have a round table, consider smaller books and layer in an object with a similar shape to create a cohesive look.
In addition to style and size, think about the content of the book.
Coffee table books on fashion, design, and architecture are classic choices, but there are endless options out there. Consider your personal interests and hobbies, and choose books that reflect them.
This will not only make your space feel more personalized but also spark conversation with guests.
SHOP THE LOOK
Ultimately, the right coffee table book should be both visually appealing and meaningful to you. By choosing thoughtfully, you can turn your coffee table into a reflection of your unique style and personality.
Next, let’s explore some creative ways to display your books to truly elevate your interior design, beyond just the coffee table.
Creative Ways to Display Your Coffee Table Books
In addition to choosing the right coffee table books for your space, it’s equally important to display them in a creative way that enhances your interior design.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Create a stack: Stack several books of varying sizes on top of each other to create an eye-catching display. This is a great option for coffee tables with limited surface area.
- Use a tray: Place your books on a decorative tray to add an extra layer of style and dimension. This also makes it easy to move the books around if you need to clear the table for entertaining.
- Mix and match: Don’t be afraid to mix and match books with other decorative items such as candles, vases, or sculptures. This adds visual interest and helps to break up the monotony of a large stack of books.
- Flip it open: Instead of laying your books flat, prop them up and flip them open to showcase a particularly stunning image or page. Book stands make this an especially attractive way to display them. Plus, it’s is a fun way to encourage guests to browse through the books and engage in conversation.
By incorporating these creative display ideas, your coffee table books will become a focal point of your interior design.
Coffee table books can also be displayed around the house. Think beyond the coffee table.
I like to group them for impact on a bookshelf, use them to prop up other decor inside a glass cabinet, or as a focal point on a console table.
Coffee Table Books Should Reflect Your Personality
Your coffee table is the perfect spot to showcase your personality through carefully curated book choices. Whether you have a passion for travel, art, or cooking, there are coffee table books to reflect your interests and style.
For example, if you love photography, you could choose books filled with stunning landscape or portrait photos. Alternatively, if you’re a fan of fashion, you could opt for books featuring iconic designers and their work.
Your coffee table book choices can also reflect your personality in more subtle ways.
For example, if you’re a minimalist at heart, you might choose books with clean, simple designs and neutral colors. Or, if you’re a bit more eclectic, you might mix and match different genres and styles to create a visually interesting display.
Of course, your coffee table book choices don’t have to be all about you. They can also be a way to connect with others and showcase your interests and passions to guests.
By selecting books that inspire conversation and pique curiosity, you can create a welcoming and engaging atmosphere in your home.
Best Interior Design Coffee Table Books
Coffee table books may seem like just another decorative element in your interiors, but they can be so much more. They are a reflection of your personality and interests, and when chosen and displayed creatively, can add character and style to your living space.
Personally, I love interior design coffee table books. They are a source of inspiration for me and I love reading about and looking at imagery of a variety of interior design styles.
This helps me broaden my horizons so I don’t become stagnant in my design style.
If 25 best interior design coffee table books sounds overwhelming to you, start here and learn about the top 3 interior design books for beginners specifically.
Top 25 Best Interior Design Coffee Table Books
You’ve seen my personal collection displayed around my home in the photos in this article. These are my tried and true interior design coffee table books I love!
The majority of these interior design books are based in the following design styles:
- Organic modern
- Modern Farmhouse
Some are full of inspiring photography. Some are written with beautiful details and imagery. Others are perfect guides to teach you about interior design, gardening and architecture. However, each is extremely enjoyable and a retreat I often go to.
To kick us off, make sure to check out my book, Designing a Life: From House to Haven. I break down the design process into 10 simple and practical steps to take the guess work out of creating a haven.
(*Denotes books on my wish list!)
- The Nature of Home
- Disc Interiors Portraits of Home
- Living Well By Design
- The Beauty of Home: Redefining Traditional Interiors
- Feels Like Home: Relaxed Interiors for a Meaningful Life
- Down to Earth: Laid Back Interiors for Modern Living
- A Place to Call Home: Tradition, Style & Memory in the New American House
- The Great American House: Tradition for the Way We Live Now
- Made for Living: Collected Interiors for All Sorts of Styles
- The Art of Outdoor Living: Gardening and Entertaining Family and Friends
- Beautifully Organized: A Guide to Function and Style in Your Home
- Simply Living Well: A Guide to Creating a Natural, Low-Waste Home
- A Lovely Life: Savoring Simple Joys in Every Season
- Live Beautiful
- Garden Maker: Growing a Life of Beauty and Wonder with Flowers
- The Gift of Home: Beauty and Inspiration to Make Every Space a Special Place
- Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave
- The Martha Manual: How to Do (Almost) Everything
- Cozy White Cottage: 100 Ways to Love the Feeling of Being Home
- Finding Home: The Houses of Pursley Dixon
- *Home Therapy: Interior Design for Increasing Happiness, Boosting Confidence, and Creating Calm
- *This is Home: The Art of Simple Living
- *Establishing Home: Creating Space for a Beautiful Life with Family, Faith, and Friends
- *The Joy of Home
- *Call It Home: The Details that Matter
More Home Styling Tips
I hope you’ve found this helpful as you seek to elevate your home’s design! Using coffee table books is an amazing way to not only decorate, but also be inspired and relax at the same time.
If you’re looking for more home styling tips, make sure to check out these articles next.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! Make sure to subscribe to get my Grace Notes directly to your inbox and to access all my insider perks. You can also follow along daily on Instagram and weekly on YouTube!