Fall and winter are two of my favorite seasons to decorate for. There are so many festivities, traditions and gatherings to look forward to! So today, I wanted to break down fall and winter decorating and make it super simple for all my minimalist friends. Here are my top 25 best fall and winter decor essentials!
Plus, a little cozy sweater recommendations for ya as well.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
Fall Decor Essentials
It always amazes me how quickly you can decorate a room for a specific season with just a few simple swaps.
If you’re looking for detailed fall decorating tips, make sure to check out these posts below.
However, if you just want a few basic fall decor essentials, here are my top picks!
- Taper Candle Holder, perfect for all seasons but I especially love the coloring for fall
- Dried pampas grass, a simple fall essential that makes a big statement
- Classic neutral area rug, the perfect way to lay a neutral foundation that doesn’t compete with other fall decor
- Classic flameless taper candle, can’t go wrong with this seasonless decor essential
- Real look dripped flameless candle, I love the extra touch of realism these ones have
- Linen curtains, multiple colors available with several perfect for a cozy touch of fall
- Classic pillow cover, I have these in three colors and love how they hold up. The perfect backdrop for patterned pillows or as a stand alone.
- Set of 2 Textured pillow covers, classic colors with a touch of cozy texture
- Down pillow insert, every shape and size. Order one size bigger than your pillow cover for the fullest look. (See images below)
- Favorite real touch hydrangeas, if you don’t have your own to dry, these are the perfect addition in several fall hues.
- Silk dahlias, a beautiful bloom in several fall colors to make a statement.
Take a look at the below images for examples of how full my pillow inserts look inside a 24×24 pillow cover.
And here are two colors of my favorite classic pillow color. Coming soon, a new look in the bedroom!
Now personally, I don’t think pumpkins are a decor essential for fall. You can see how I decorate for fall without pumpkins in this article. However, many people love adding this classic and traditional fall decor essential.
Fall Decorating Faves
You can find my favorite faux pumpkins, plus more of my favorite fall decor, in my Fall Idea List.
Fall Fashion Essentials
Now, home decor will always be where my heart lies. But, a girl likes to be cozy and comfy too. Here’s my super simple go-to list of fall sweaters. These are going on 3 years and still look like the day they were purchased!
Shop my fave fall fashion
Perfect for layering; Dress up or dress down with different pant pairings.
You can shop my favorite fashion anytime in my Amazon Storefront.
Winter Decor Essentials
Christmas is hands-down my favorite season to decorate. There are so many joyful traditions and fond memories to celebrate with the simple act of putting up Christmas decor.
Over the years, my style has evolved and transformed. Each year is has been a little different and it’s so fun looking back to each season. You can browse all my Christmas decorating posts in detail in my archives.
However, every year I come back to some of the same items. Amazing faux greenery, candles, and lighting go a long way mixed into other decor that is more style-specific.
These are my go-to winter and Christmas decor essentials that are perfect for any style home.
- Real Touch Norfolk Pine Branches, these are my all time favorite. They are expensive, but also a one and done price point. I’ll use these for decades. (These sell out every year before October so grab them now!)
- Real Touch Norfolk Pine Garland, same brand as above! The perfect realistic pine garland. Also sells out before October!
- Eucalyptus Garland, I love mixing different types of greenery into my Christmas mantel. This is a great addition for added interest.
- Twinkle lights, Add them to the tree, in windowsills, on the mantel garland, in jars, draped over doorways. The possibilities are endless to create some magic. See how I used them more in this post.
- Stocking and Garland Hanger, two uses in one to make mantel decorating simple!
- Glitter leaves, perfect to add to a bouquet or tuck into your mantel garland or Christmas tree.
- Winter artwork, perfect to display all winter long. See more of how I created a winter gallery in this post.
- Paper lanterns or stars, these are magical in a grouping. See how I used them in the past!
- Flameless tapers, same as above! Perfect for all cozy seasons.
See More Decor Essentials
Much of my personal home decor is vintage, antique or thrifted. However, when it’s not, Amazon is a go-to source for my decor essentials.
Make sure to hit Follow on my Amazon Storefront to access all my favorites broken down by category anytime from the Amazon app.
If you’re looking for more home decor essentials, check out these posts next.
- 30 Minimalist Kitchen Essentials
- Guest Bathroom Essentials for Effortless Hosting
- Simple and Straightforward Bed Styling Essentials
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Make sure to subscribe to get my Grace Notes directly to your inbox and to access all my insider perks. You can also follow along daily on Instagram and weekly on YouTube!